Board logo

标题: 现实版肖申克救赎,被时代抛下的囚犯设法回到监狱去 [打印本页]

作者: 马丁    时间: 2011-9-27 12:09     标题: 现实版肖申克救赎,被时代抛下的囚犯设法回到监狱去

:还记得《肖申克的救赎》中蹒跚的Brooks(自杀了),还有诚惶诚恐的Red吗?他们的故事在重演。
Randall Lee Church 18岁的时候因谋杀罪入狱,26年之后出来,仅仅96天之后,就设法烧房子以便让自己能回到监狱去……
他说:“我被时代远远抛在后面,不知道怎么用计算机\手机\网络,超市里,那些父母护着他们的孩子,好象我会扑过去一样……所有的这一切将我淹没,我常常被我不知道的很简单的东西弄得很囧”

《肖申克的救赎》里,Brooks在监狱里过了50年,出来之后,站在被从没见过的汽车流中茫然无措;Red在监狱里过了40年,出来后有了一份临时的工作,天天面对人们忍耐的客气和疏离,由于习惯使然,即使是上厕所也要先举手报告。Brooks自杀了,在房梁上刻下了Brooks was here,Red盯着那房梁,想着刻下So was Red,想着再抢个钱包再回到监狱去……

这位老兄完全是真人版呀

Source: http://perezhilton.com/tag/randall_lee_church/#readmore
Ex-Convict Burns Down A House So He Can Go Back To Prison!
Filed under: Wacky, Tacky & True > Legal Matters > Busted!

Wow. Well there's certainly a first time everything then!

Randall Lee Church spent 26 years in a Texas prison for the murder of another man when he was 18, but apparently, when he was released in April of 2011, the real world wasn't to his liking, so he decided that the only way to get back behind bars was to commit another crime - and burned a house a down!

Only 96 days after being released, re-acclimating to the modern world was just too difficult for him, so he set an abandoned house on fire, pled guilty to arson, and willingly went back into custody!

He explains:

“Everything had gone fast forward without me. I didn't know how to use computers or cell phones or the Internet. The weirdest thing was walking into a store, like Walmart, and have parents hide their children from me, like I was supposed to jump at them. It was so overwhelming. I was constantly embarrassed by simple things I just didn't know."

And Ann L. Jacobs, the director of the Prisoner Reentry Institute at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, explains:

"I don't mean to diminish what this man did … But when you think about what people come out to, how much the world has changed, what a disadvantage they are at and what little support they generally have, it is kind of a miracle it goes as well as it does for as many people as it does."

Wow. What do you even say about that?

Guess it sort of makes sense - he's spent more time in prison than he has in the outside world.

Here's hoping that we can continue to improve the prison systems so that rehabilitated prisons can acclimate with a little more ease to real-world living.

[Image via WENN.]
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 at 4:00 am
作者: jjwxc    时间: 2011-9-27 15:15

也许需要更细致的善后工作,但是周围人的防备心很难消去,谁也不知道这位是否真的无害了,出于害怕和自保,这个过程是难免的。
作者: 寒漪    时间: 2011-9-27 22:30

几十年在监狱里,已经和外界完全脱节,而且外界的人很难接受他,心里压抑到一定地步是很想自杀的
感觉有点淡淡的悲哀
作者: 风云无际    时间: 2011-9-27 23:22

所以不要犯错,特别是大错,足以影响人的一生。
作者: wxrrxw    时间: 2011-9-28 08:21

当年看电影时看到这个情节真的很心酸
作者: 小黄瓜花    时间: 2011-9-28 12:11