返回列表 发帖

[分享] How do I deal with staffing firms?

Q. How do I deal with staffing firms?【原创】
A: Use them, but be careful with them. They did great jobs on my career.
See original discussion here

It is OK to use a staffing firm even you're new graduates. I found my first job through them, since they know who is hiring entry level people. However, don't solely depend on them if you're new graduates, your school, your friends, and google search etc. might have better lead.
    Some staffing firms require you meet them in person before they place you. That is one of their business rules. I respect their rule. However, I would dismiss this kind of staffing firms immediately. It is because there would be too many recruiter interviews for me and I don't have that much time to dress-up, drive there just for filling out mountains of forms, including the endless skill inventory form. At bad job market and I was not employed, I did several such disgusting recruiter interviews, and had no success so far.
    Don't, never, give your references to them. If they say the client need them, then ask the client email, and send direct to the client!!!
    If you are a contractor, don't sign anything which will delay your pay check for any reason (such as clear client invoice etc.) If they don't pay you in every 2 weeks, don't work for them!!! I refused one such contract, then they paid me on time. All other contractors worked for them lose 1.5 - 2 months' pay. I only lost 2 weeks. The firm went bankruptcy. One of my bosses told me, he thumb of rule is never work for free for more than 2 weeks!
返回列表