返回列表 发帖

发现了一个提高FIREFOX的好办法!

In testing out Firefox 3 over the last several months I realizedthat when loading up a page in a foreground tab when two or more tabswere present, my single core CPU maxed out and loading slowed to acrawl making the browser unresponsive until I switched the tab into thebackground to let it finish loading. At that point, CPU usage returnedto normal. As long as the tab that was loading remained in thebackground, the CPU never rose above an average of 20% max not countingthe occasional spike or two from flash and script content.
Other folks were having these problems also which included highinitial memory use for some as well so after much troubleshooting andconstructive cursing I finally found the culprit that was causing thishigh CPU/memory use problem and I’m passing it on.
The fix is actually pretty simple and involves changing the state of “browser.cache.memory.enable” in Firefox’s “about:config“. Just follow the simple instructions under the image below:

• Type “about:config” into the FIrefox 3 RC1 location bar and tell it you’ll be careful (you’ll see what I mean).

• When the list of configuration options shows up, type “cache” without the quotes into the search bar as shown above. A list of all entries will appear with the word “cache” in them.

• Change the state of the “browser.cache.memory.enable” entry to “false” by double clicking on the entry itself. Make sure the state has indeed changed to “false”.

• Restart the browser and you’re done.

Firefox 3 should now run right along niceand fast no matter what tab is loading in the foreground and withoutthe high CPU use as I saw before the change and apparently the memoryproblem is also fixed. Performance does not seem to be degraded at allby this change and speeds things up nicely.

返回列表