返回列表 发帖

[转贴] Mark Hulbert: additional selling may be coming

本帖最后由 not4weak 于 2011-10-3 23:09 编辑

By MarketWatch
Oct. 3, 2011, 4:37 p.m. EDT

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (MarketWatch) — It’s now official: The fourth time is not a charm.

Prior to today, the stock market over the last six weeks had—on three separate occasions—successfully tested its early August closing low. It failed on its fourth test today.

This is bad news from the point of view of any of a number of technically-oriented timing models. Many of them were poised to trigger additional sell signals if the August lows were broken on a closing basis. So be prepared for additional waves of selling in coming sessions.

We may very well have gotten a taste of that selling in the final minutes of today’s session, as it became increasingly clear that at least the S&P 500 index SPX -2.85%   would be closing below its early August low. The market quickly plunged, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average SPX -2.85%   shedding more than 100 points in a period of less than 30 minutes before the close.

One prominent technical timing system that generated a bearish signal at Monday’s close is the venerable Dow Theory, the oldest market timing system still in widespread use today. Two of the three Dow Theorists monitored by the Hulbert Financial Digest were already bearish going into Monday’s session, and interpreted the day’s action as a bearish confirmation.

The third, Jack Schannep, of TheDowtheory.com, had been bullish prior to Monday. But after the close today he threw in the towel. So now all three of the HFD-monitored Dow Theorists are unanimous in believing we are in a major bear market.

— Mark Hulbert
请问是哪天的文章?
Oct. 3, 2011, 4:37 p.m. EDT
江南有丹桔,经冬犹绿林。 岂伊地气暖,自有岁寒心。 可以荐佳客,奈何阻重深。 运命唯所遇,循环不可寻。 徒言树桃李,此木岂无阴。
谢谢。
你是花钱订阅的吗?
回复 4# 怒尊
现在谁花钱订阅啊?
我顶多把MILEAGE花了顶两个什么WSJ或BARRON
回复 5# not4weak

thank you.
回复 3# not4weak

http://www.marketwatch.com/story ... -quarter-2011-10-04

Still hope for fourth quarter
Commentary: Odds support a higher market in coming weeks

TIME : Oct 4th 2011, 12:01 a.m. EDT

回复 7# 怒尊
That article is misleading
回复 8# not4weak

I don't know about thus.
I think lots of experties are very talktive without true valueable stuff insides.
回复  not4weak

I don't know about thus.
I think lots of experties are very talktive wit ...
怒尊 发表于 2011-10-4 12:45

Right, they are hired by the crappy media, which is controlled by wallstreet
返回列表