返回列表 发帖

[其他] 外国论坛的中国人臭味的讨论

本帖最后由 not4weak 于 2015-3-28 14:11 编辑

• Well I live in an apartment complex, next door to a young Chinese family. Which is why I googled, "Why do Chinese people stink?". I respect cooks (I am a culinary grad myself) but... The smells that come out of their apartment are strong and out of the ordinary, I am always left nauseous. It smells like they cook lots of fish, dog and even cat. I am not joking or being intentionally mean. many times, I have noticed that this family leaves their stinky trash bags full of left overs and dirty diapers right outside their apartment door. (they have a three year old son) We are inside an apartment building so you can only imagine how the hallway smells. Disgusting!! The smells are so bad, they stink up my apartment. (the smell leaks through the vents) I like Chinese food. well Asian food in general but when I smell this, I really don't know what I am smelling. A mixture of trash, dirty diapers and other stuff. It just makes my feel sick. I am not sure if it's in their culture to be dirty people or if it's just this family. I want to be believe it's just this particular Chinese family. On the other hand, almost every time I hear about the health department shutting down another restaurant for health code violations, nine times out of ten, it's an Asian place. It's probably just those Asians who are not Asian American. Meaning those who weren't born and raised in America. That's my guess. Well... what should I do about this? There isn't really much I can do except for complain about the trash which I did. Cooking and being dirty isn't a crime. So i am just left disgusted every day. Bummer!
    • Rate This Comment
    • +4

• The Chinese tend to put smelly garbage and leftovers outside their apartments to a dirty place so they don't have smells in their home. To the Chinese and Japanese who have no body odor because of lack of body hair, white people who are not smooth but hairy have a natural goat sheep smell that is malodorous to the Chinese. The Chinese unlike Japanese also find Western perfumes to be a malodorous stench and find pungent fruits like durians to be heavey, their noses and scent preference are genetically different. Google Chinese delicacy smelly tofu. Expensive French cheese to Chinese noses smell like sewage. The doorway outside with public smells is probably considered smelly and a dirty ok place to put garbage bag before it is disposed. They probably thought that since the white neighbours have body odours, the wouldn't mind the smells unlike the Chinese. In Asian cities, garbage are disposed of immediately down in a chute and does not need to be brought down, so they are not used to bringing the trash to the basement immediately. Chinese cities are also not as cold in winter so buildings are not enclosed and smells recirculated like in North America. They are aired outside the apartment where the smells escape. Chinese skyscrapers are made of steel and concrete which unlike steel with wood and wallpaper do not absorb odours. I think you should politely ring their doorbell and nicely volunteer for your neighbors to immediately take their garbage downstairs and they will get the hint. The Chinese hate to lose "face" subject to the slightest shame will feel very guilty and politely immediately take their trash down and volunteer to take yours out if you are in a condo. Some inconsiderate neighbours be they white or Chinese are just bad neighbours which is why never buy a condo. You won't have this problem if you live in a house. White people complain about Chinese and Indian smells and Chinese conplain about white body odour, goat sheep beer body odour and Indians complain that Chinese and bland Western foods lack the smell and punch of their spices herbs and currencies. Even within families and within races people don't like each other's smells if they live in crammed condos. If they live in huge houses far apart they will miss each other's foods and smells. This is just human nature. Rich and poor Chinese, clean and dirty white people also fight each other because of smells and scent preferences. This is a divisive topic because the olfactory senses reach deep into your brain and soul. If your nanny breastfed you close to dirty smelly socks, you will forever find that smell motherly. If your parent died of cancer surrounded by roses you will forever feel nauseous when you smell roses. This is Pavlovian effect at work. It is all relative. China Chinese are dirtier and smellier if they are peasants because peasant work ways and lives are dirtier..same in Europe...China is an agrarian and newly industrialized very polluted country so median standards are lower but the upper middle class and the rich can exceed the hygiene standards of the Europeans. Their new apartments and bathrooms are spotless as in the showroom. Their hotels and airlines are of a relatively high standard although they can't compare to Hong Kong and Singapore international ranking for hygiene, cleanliness and service. It is all about wealth and not really about culture or race.
    • Rate This Comment
    • +2

• I've been working in Chinese company for 5 months now. At first, I thought that I'm the one who smells it, but turns out that every local complaint about it. I am Asian, but not Chinese. They really smells bad. Some people guess they smell because they eat porks. But Korean eat porks, but they don't smell bad. Even one day at the elevator. I stand in between the crowd. There were two Chinese people chatted. I didn't stand up besides these two persons, but i can really smell their bad breath. I really wished I could go out asap. Yes, it was THAT bad. Fyi, the not-smell-bad Chinese people have their own reputation, a good one of course.
    • Rate This Comment

• As a white guy who has dated many Asian girls, I can say with experience that Chinese girls have some of the best smelling (and sexiest) natural body scents out there. Most Asians, regardless of individual culture, are generally very clean, and their homes neat, in my experience. Take home message: people are individuals, try not to generalize with only narrow experience. Don't confuse individual cleanliness with ethnicity.
    • Rate This Comment

• I am in Shanghai now and I have been living here for the past 6 years and yes 90% of the people here stink. They have this weird body odor and bad breath. Like they haven't brushed their teeth for a long, long time. They look clean from the outside but make sure keep your nose far from their line of breathing..it just stinks..when i first came here, around 2008, I cannot for the life of me, find any deodorant sold anywhere. I have to ask my family to send me some from my home country.I'm Asian by the way, but I know what good hygiene means. It's just shocking how they don't practice that here.
    • Rate This Comment

• China is a really big country with a lot of people. In fact, about a quarter of the world's population are Chinese. Like anywhere else, some are very clean while others are pigs. What we see in the US of recent immigrants tend to be poor. For the most part, poor people tend to have less than ideal personal hygiene. We see very few wealthy immigrants (and I'm not talking about people who's families have been here for centuries) because pretty much any place is a great place to live if you have money so unless there's a civil war and the new ruling faction really wants to store your head on a pike, there isn't any real reason for rich, and generally cleaner, people to emigrate to the cheapest apartment complex in your city.
    • Rate This Comment

• To me, race has nothing to do with how a person smells. But rather lifestyle. Obviously they are just dirty people. Which is common in a lot of minority races. However me being white and growing up in the sticks, we weren't much better.
    • Rate This Comment
  • to bad for u tat u live next to the worst chinese family i ever heard of. most chinese ppl i noe smell good and are educated
    • Rate This Comment

• Your situation sounds just like mine. The assigns in my apartment makes the whole place smell like a dirty BO sock with fish 24/7. They are the most repulsive and MEAN neighbors ever. NEVER move in next to asains period unless you like the smell of garbage and shifty losers.
江南有丹桔,经冬犹绿林。 岂伊地气暖,自有岁寒心。 可以荐佳客,奈何阻重深。 运命唯所遇,循环不可寻。 徒言树桃李,此木岂无阴。
鲜花鸡蛋赠送记录

这坑挖的。。。扔鸡蛋!!
Learn to become a hunter, not the hunted
我英语不太好,看了个大概。这帖子是什么意思?看看美国人是怎么评价我们的,是种族歧视,还是白人的自以为是,还是你觉得中国人真的很臭,还是纯粹是一个关于人种’气味‘的讨论
这坑挖的。。。扔鸡蛋!!
沁颍 发表于 2015-3-28 14:38

货币回笼?
那人说的好象他知道煮猫和狗是什么味道似的, 下次可以这么问回去.
我居然看完了,而且令我震惊的事,其实严格意义上不是种族歧视,因为大部分批判我们的言论来自亚洲人,而不是白人,真tmd无语
也不算歧视吧,还比较接近事实,现在中国比较注重个人卫生和环境卫生的多数是城市中中产以上,即使是受过高等教育的也未必会注意,没女友老婆的男人穿着邋里邋遢顶着满头皮屑的不少见,穿的光鲜家里猪窝的也很多,不讲公德垃圾丢楼道的多的很,注重口气讲究口腔卫生的确实不多,普通人好多天不洗澡满身油味的很多很多啊,坐汽车火车飞机都能遇到,网上热议的小孩随地大小便问题确实很常见,就连成年男性随处小便也不少见,中国的厕所臭是共识,虽然被老外这么评论很有羞耻感,不过是事实,仓廪实而知礼仪,还是富裕程度的问题,中国还不够富
也不算歧视吧,还比较接近事实,现在中国比较注重个人卫生和环境卫生的多数是城市中中产以上,即使是受过高 ...
yaheiheihei 发表于 2015-3-28 19:03

生活水平提高了, 如果又有合适的环境,入乡随俗不是问题, 如, 北美华男留学毕业后进入一个当地公司工作, 自然会养成早晨冲澡, 上班前不吃大蒜这些习惯。
美国本地蓝领白人邋遢的也随处可见, 如修车行白人居多,我看到他们中午用油糊糊的脏手吃东西。
我说怎么老是缺丫丫币啊。。。
回复 4# tianfangye
回复 2# 沁颍

鸡蛋超人的勋章挺不错的。
是哈,大约超版是在赚勋章,而我把自己辛苦赚YY币送出去了,亏大了啊。

回复 10# Arielbaby
本帖最后由 沁颍 于 2015-3-28 20:42 编辑

说到气味,不是那些头发编成无数小麻花的黑人老外头发味道熏人吗?我一看到就躲远远的
Learn to become a hunter, not the hunted
好吧,中国人没什么体毛,其实不臭的,
主要还是个人卫生习惯,洗澡,用香,还有最重要的口腔卫生,真的比较少人注意
午饭过后刷牙,嘴巴就不会有味道了,每天不是早晚刷牙,而是吃了就要清理,还有漱口水用上,定期洗牙
老外只是习惯了香水味道而已
所以受不了中国人的口臭还有衣服很久没洗的那种臭味。有些中国男的确实挨近了没法闻。但是很多老外隔着好远我就没法闻
这个真是臭的洒了香水,笑没味道的
鲜花鸡蛋赠送记录

我居然全看完了,以为是开心一笑那种文呢。。。。
其实觉得里面很多老外都蛮客观的,都提到不要用一个家庭来界定一个种族。
我个人觉得吧,我一个很好的女同事,人很漂亮,家里也有钱,但是有时候突然身上就有一种奇怪的味道。而如果你夏天坐地铁或者公车,旁边是个出汗男生,也真够呛了,好在现在公车都有空调,味道不太重。我是每天外出的衣服都要洗的,可是我也见过有人几天不换衣服,领子都黄了的。到图书馆去,正看书看得开心,尼玛,一股油烟味。这些人都完全鼻子不通么?
但是如果我们公司来了老外客户,全体都知道,因为香水可以秒杀整个公司。坐国外航班的时候也痛苦,这么小的机舱,那么多人擦香水,所以我的对策就是你擦我也擦清凉油。。。

中国人没有什么公共空间的概念,总是希望把自己屋子搞干净,外面怎么拦不关他的事情了。小区里的小孩吵闹啊,父母叱骂孩子的声音啊,还有大声按喇叭的声音啊,都让人觉得他们完全不关心别人,非常自私。

上面网友说,是因为中国现在钱不够。我觉得不是钱的问题,是环境的问题。大家都争着抢着闹着,随地吐痰,就是因为大家都这么做。到了国外,很多中国人就会入乡随俗,变得文明。
返回列表